Will Phillip Phillips be the next American Idol? In just 48 hours, we will know the answer to that question, as the Top 2 contestants take the stage on Tuesday evening for the performances of their life! Some say that Phillip is a shoe-in for the winner, while others disagree. As we wait for the performances to take place and the data to roll in for our final set of American Idol predictions, we thought this would be the perfect time to look at the case for and the case against Phillip Phillips as the next American Idol. Please join us on Facebook and tell us if you agree!
Why Phillip Phillips WILL BE the Next American Idol
- He’s talented, charming and every girl’s dream (including Seacrest girlfriend, Julianne Hough).
- Teen girls comprise a large part of the American Idol voting demographic. They’ve demonstrated their voting power over the last four seasons of American Idol, all resulting in victories by the cookie cutter WGWG (white guy with guitar) model. Phillip Phillips fits this mold, spot on.
- Phillip Phillips is a good singer whose style of music appeals to much of the voting nation.
- It is not 100% clear if Phillip Phillips has been in the bottom three on American Idol or not. We believe he may have been in the bottom alongside Hollie Cavanagh during Top 4 week, but it’s possible that he wasn’t. In that case, Phillip’s voting popularity is so high that he has never been in the bottom three.
Why Phillip Phillips WILL NOT BE the Next American Idol
- According to just about every social media metric that we’ve looked at, Phillip Phillips has almost never ranked as highly as his competitor, Jessica Sanchez, especially in this latter part of the competition.
- According to judges’ feedback, the quality of Phillip’s performances have not been as consistent as Jessica’s.
- America is ready for a change from the four season all-male winning streak American Idol.
- There is evidence that viewers outside of the teen girl demographic favor Jessica. If more of these viewers come out to vote this season, Phillip may be in danger.
Will you be voting for your favorite contestant on American Idol for the win this week? No matter what the outcome, Phillip Phillips reigns supreme among all the philatics out there, but come one, come all and vote for your Idol!