Long-time, looks-shorter-than-he-really-is American Idol host Ryan Seacrest is the highest paid host in the world of reality TV. As one of the busiest men in show business, Ryan hosts two radio programs, along with E! News and American Idol. His producer credits also include the range of Kardashian reality television shows.
Before American Idol
Ryan Seacrest was born on Christmas Eve, 1974, in the Georgia suburb of Dunwoody. His career as an announcer began in high school with daily readings of his school’s announcement over the intercom system. In high school, Ryan went on to a prestigious internship at WTR-FM radio where he learned the tricks of the trade with radio personality Tom Sullivan.
In the early 1990’s Ryan’s career expanded to television as host of several TV shows. He returned to radio in 2004 as the host of the syndicated radio show, American Top 40, as a replacement for the big voice of Casey Kasem. Following this venture, Ryan went on to host American Idol and to produce a series of reality TV shows featuring the Kardashians.
Things You Didn't Know
- Ryan has received an Emmy Award nomination for “Outstanding Host for a Reality or Reality-Competition Program” for his work on American Idol.
- Ryan was an extra in the Gene Hackman, Denzel Washington big screen hit, Crimson Tide (1995).
- He is the co-owner of a Los Angeles sushi bar, Katana.
- Ryan was bitten by a small shark in July of 2008.
- Ryan graduated from the University of Georgia with a degree in journalism.
- He has been known to host engagements for corporate brands Proctor & Gamble, Coke and Microsoft.
- In high school, Ryan was the voice of daily announcements over his school’s intercom system.
- Ryan is the highest paid reality show host on television.
- You can only vote for him, you can’t actually adopt him.
- The ego has landed.
- You have to understand that every song that involves intimacy is depressing for Simon.
- It’s very interesting to hear the difference of o pinion from all of you because a lot of people watch, have different opinions. Kinda hot, colorful, grotesque – that’s American Idol.
- Randy….show that thing off! Vanna White me right now! Love the cup, be the cup, you are one with the cup!
- Paula you wanna start the rumors this early in the season your rubbing his chest, I mean we all wanna know what happened 'that night' and now your rubbing his chest.
- The yin to Simon’s yang…Paula Abdul!
- How do I act like I’m overpaid for doing no work?
- Look who’s speaking…the fashion god Simon who wears the same clothes every day.
- She did ok, that Kelly Clarkson.