Triple-threat American Idol judge Jennifer Lopez is best known for her shapely curves and work as a singer, dancer, and actress. She has also long been a subject of public interest for her series of high profile relationships with some of Hollywood’s hunkiest hunks, including Mark Anthony, Ben Affleck and P. Diddy.
Before American Idol
Jennifer Lynn Lopez was born on July 24, 1969 to computer technician, David Lopez, and kindergarten teacher, Guadalupe. As the middle child of three sisters, Jennifer attended twelve years of Catholic school, where she was involved in softball, tennis and gymnastics.
Jennifer’s first big break in show business came when she was cast on the television show In Living Color in 1990. Shortly thereafter, she became widely known to the public after her portrayal of a slain Latin singer in the movie, Selena in 1997. Subsequently, Jennifer went on to star in a number of hit films including The Wedding Planner and Maid in Manhattan.
Things You Didn't Know
- Jennifer’s father, David Lopez works as a computer technician at New York’s Guardian Insurance.
- Jennifer’s first husband proposed to her at the wrap party for Selena. Using a microphone, Ojani Noa proposed to her on the middle of the dance floor, with marquis-cut diamond ring in hand.
- She has been called “La Guitarra” in gyms due to the curvaceous nature of her body.
- In the late 1990’s. Jennifer, along with boyfriend P.Diddy, was arrested in connection with a nightclub shooting. The charges against Jennifer were dropped; P. Diddy was eventually tried and acquitted.
- Jennifer is the first actress to have a movie and album hit number one in the same week.
- Jennifer’s debut album went six times platinum.
- She owns a Cuban restaurant called Madre’s in Pasadena, California.
- Jennifer was the first Latina actress to be paid $1 million for a role in a movie, Selen,a in 1997.
- Jennifer’s mother won a $2.4 million jackpot in an Atlantic City casino in 2004.
- When Jennifer was engaged to Ben Affleck, she said she would go by the name Jennifer Affleck, both professionally and publicly.
- Your voice is a star, so you need to start believing that and acting that way, dressing that way. (Season 10 to Devyn Rush)
- Why did I sign up for this?! I wanna go home! (Season 10 to self)
- How did you do this for ten years? (Season 10 to Randy Jackson)
- It’s not about your accent-- it’s more really just about the singing. (Season 10)
- She’s out of her mind but I love it. (Season 10)
- Make him stop. Do it. (Season 10)
- Giverheragolden ticket. (Season 10)
- You have a voice that’s smooth as silk. (Season 11)
- Your voice is so perfect to me. (Season 11)
- I love you – this is what singing is all about. (Season 11)